One of the simplest and easiest ways to promote good health is proper hydration. Good quality water is absolutely essential for our health. Did you know: without water intake we would die in approximately five (5!) days?
So what does water do for us?
- Water cleanses toxins from our body.
- Water regulates body temperature.
- Water helps the body to absorb nutrients.
- Water helps to convert food into energy.
- Water is essential for the proper functioning of vital organs.
- Water protects and cushions vital organs and joints.
Each day our body eliminates (on average) two quarts of water through our skin, lungs, intestines, and kidneys. We have to replace this water each day to stay properly hydrated and to keep our organs functioning.
TIP: For optimum health, drink a half ounce of water for every pound of body weight very day.