Well, this is it! The top ten health benefits of drinking water. The reasons why we love it so much and want you to as well!
- Lose weight. Water is a natural appetite suppressant and, if consumed before a meal, can reduce your overall calorie intake. It's also the original zero-calorie diet drink.
- You'll glow. Water is known to cure dry, itchy skin as well as increase the skin's overall elasticity, leaving you looking fresher and younger.
- Productivity. Staying hydrated helps keep you stay focused and alert, therefor increasing productivity and overall concentration.
- No more migraines. Headaches and back pains are primarily caused by dehydration. Drinking your recommended daily amount of water could drastically reduce these pains.
- Get your pump on. Drinking water helps boost your energy and replace crucial electrolytes that have been lost through perspiration. Extend and intensify your workouts!
- Smooth move. Water regulates your digestion by speeding up the metabolism and allowing you to have a daily bowel movement.
- No more aches. Hydration helps with pains like cramping and arthritis. It lubricates joints and can even prevent muscle sprains.
- 8 glasses a day, keeps the doctor away. Water improves your immune system. With a little lemon, it can also help prevent respiratory disease, intestinal issues as well as heart attacks.
- Reboot. Water helps to relieve fatigue by flushing out toxins and preventing the rest of your organs from overworking themselves.
- Bye bye, cancer. Drinking the daily recommended amount of water is thought to help reduce the risk of bladder and colon cancer by diluting cancer-causing agents in urine.
So there you have it! Of course there are hundreds of other reasons besides this handful for why the consumption of water is beneficial and why it is so important to always stay hydrated.