Eldorado Natural Spring Water is a huge proponent of not only staying hydrated, but exercising and leading a healthy lifestyle too! However, staying in shape can be hard at times, especially during the cold spring months. Waking up early or getting off work only to be greeted by snowfall and chilly wind makes it nearly impossible to get motivated to accomplish that workout you had planned! Here are five tips that are sure to encourage you this season and keep those fitness goal on track.
- Plan ahead. If working out in the morning, lay out your clothes, shoes, and even socks the night before. When you wake up, you won’t have to worry about where those pesky joggers are. The same goes for post-work gym sessions. Pack a bag and bring it along with you. You won’t have any excuse to not go!
- Partner up. Exercising with a buddy will make those workouts fly by and also takes the intimidation out of moves you’ve never done before. Having a set time and place to meet someone will also keep you accountable for showing up.
- Retail therapy. It’s hard to recover motivation once it’s been lost, but adding a new piece of workout gear to your collection can help get you out of the house and into the gym. Whether it’s treating yourself to that pair of weather-proof running shoes you’ve had your eye on, or maybe just a new water bottle, new paraphernalia always seems to help!
- Stay at home. Sometimes it’s just too darn cold out. Keeping a binder of at-home workouts at the ready can really come in handy when the task of putting on real pants is just too much to handle that day! If you don't have anything prepared, just hop online and search around. You’re bound to find workouts varying in strength level and length so you can find something that's right for you.
- It’s the little things. Small rewards for beating personal records, or even just making it to the gym when you really didn’t want to, can help with motivation. Anything from a small piece of dark chocolate to an hour set aside to do nothing else but watch a favorite show, all work as little, bite-sized pieces of encouragement.
Eldorado Natural Spring Water is a big supporter of exercising, eating right, and of course, staying hydrated! (Naturally, we prefer Eldorado products.) So, go ahead and find that favorite song, lace those tennis shoes, and grab a bottle of Eldorado. Do you have any tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle this spring? Let us know in the comments section below.