Hello, Eldorado here again with another great way to stay hydrated! We absolutely love water but we know that drinking so much water can be boring and bland. That’s why we have informed you in the past about ways to keep hydrated that doesn’t involve drinking an insane amount of water. From naturally flavoring your water with fruit (link), to dinner recipes that are hydrating and delicious (link), there are ways for everyone to be able to enjoy hydrating themselves. Another quick and easy way to keep hydrated is to eat foods that contain a high percentage of water.
Here’s our list of delicious fruits and vegetables that you can eat with that glass of water to make staying hydrated a little bit easier.
- Watermelon is one of the world’s most hydrating foods. Containing up to 93% water and a good amount of sodium, it can be a great thirst quencher for those summer months. Not only that, but it is also loaded with vitamins A and C.
- Celery is an often overlooked vegetable. But we urge you to take another look at this delicious veggie. It contains up to 95% water and has a good amount of fiber while maintaining a minimal amount of calories.
- Romaine lettuce, while not having a lot of nutritional value, is mostly water and can aid in hydration as well. We recommend adding some flavorful (and also hydrating) vegetables to your salad such as: cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, and bell peppers.
- Cantaloupe, mango, and papaya can be a great and filling way to add some more H2O into your diet. These orange-fleshed fruits have many attributes that benefit eye and skin health.
- Berries are a great way to add flavor and water to yogurt, oatmeal, and smoothies. These little nutrition bombs contain up to 92% water!
Although you should still try to stay hydrated by drinking water, eating water packed foods is a great way to supplement your water intake. So write up that grocery list and grab a refreshing bottle of Eldorado Spring Water while you’re there!