Most of us enjoy a glass of ice cold water when we’re feeling thirsty, but new studies have shown that warm water is actually best! Here are 6 healing benefits of drinking warm water throughout the day.
- Alleviates Pain. Warm water is known to help alleviate all types of pain, from headaches to menstrual cramps. The warm water has a soothing effect on the abdominal muscles and also increases blood flow to the skin, helping to relax cramped muscles.
- Cleanses. It’s widely known that water and other liquids aid in breaking down food and keeping your digestive system on track, but did you know drinking warm water specifically is even more effective? Try having a glass of warm water after your next meal and flush out any unwanted toxins!
- Weight Loss. After drinking warm water your body temperature will increase. Your metabolic rate will rise, enabling your body to burn more calories. Try adding a lemon as well. The pectin fiber found in lemon will help suppress the appetite and break down body fat.
- Aids Constipation. Constipation is most commonly brought on by a lack of water in the body. Having a glass of warm water in the morning will not only help you rehydrate after a long night’s sleep, but will also help break down foods providing them with a smooth exit strategy!
- Prevents Premature Aging. Toxins are one of the main culprits when it comes to premature aging. Warm water cleanses the body as well as increases elasticity in the skin cells preventing wrinkles.
- Jumpstarts Blood Circulation. Consuming a glass of warm water helps to relax the muscles in the body providing more effective blood flow. It also helps to eliminate fat deposits and flushes toxins out of the body.
We certainly hope these healing properties of warm water have convinced you to incorporate it into your daily routine! Get creative and check out a few of the teas we offer.